Best Laundry Detergent For Sweaty Work Clothes in 2021
Rockin' Green Platinum Series Active Wear Laundry Detergent Powder, 45 oz. - All Natural, Biodegradable, and Eco-Friendly
Active Wear Laundry Detergent - Formulated for Sweat and Workout Clothes - Natural Performance Sport-Wash Concentrate - Enzyme Booster Deodorizer - Powder Wash for Activewear Gym Apparel (90 Loads)
- ✔ SCIENTIFICALLY MADE IN USA - Our powdered detergent is formulated with all natural plant-based enzymes that remove and eliminate odor-causing bacteria, blood, sweat from fitness and gym clothes
- ✔ SPECIALIZED FORMULA - The best laundry detergent for men's or women's athletic clothing compatible with Nike, Adidas, Lululemon, Athleta, Fabletics, Gymshark, Under Armour, Prana, Alo Yoga, Zella, Mika etc
- ✔ WORKOUT CLOTHES DETERGENT - Eliminate bacteria and odors in smelly workout shirts, shorts, sports bras, tank tops, leggings, manduka yoga pants, uniforms, jerseys, compression, underwear, jock strap, and socks
- ✔ ECO-SAFE, PLANT BASED - ACTIVE detergent is organic, SLS free, phosphate free, cruelty-free, gluten-free, septic safe, non-toxic & hypoallergenic for sensitive skin and delicates
- ✔ SAVE SOME GREEN - Concentrated formula provides a bulk value of 90 loads per bag! If our laundry detergent doesn't extend your clothes lifespan and protect them, we'll give you your money back!
Win Sports Detergent - Active Fresh (Blue) 1 Bottle - Specially Formulated for Sweaty Workout Clothes - Removes Odor from Running Gym and Activewear Apparel and Football Hockey Uniforms
- NEW ACTIVE TEEN VERSION ON SALE! WIN Active Teen (Red) has all of the odor removing power of WIN Blue, but also has powerful stain removers. Introductory prices up to 25% off!
- THE BEST SELLING ODOR REMOVER ON AMAZON: WIN gets the smell out by removing odor causing oils that cling to your athletic apparel so you don't have to smell like a sweaty workout even when you’re not working out.
- PEOPLE LOVE WIN: Don't take our word for it, read the reviews! Once you start washing with WIN, you'll wonder why it took you so long!
- TRUSTED BY MARATHONERS, YOGA TEACHERS, AND PARENTS: WIN is a favorite of runners, cyclists, yoga instructors, and anyone who works out frequently. Parents of teens who play football, hockey, soccer, lacrosse, basketball, baseball, softball, volleyball, cheer, gymnastics, or dance trust WIN to get their kids' gear clean and fresh.
- SAVE WHEN YOU BUY MORE: If you're buying more than one bottle, be suer to check out the discounts for 2-packs and 4-packs!
Rockin' Green Natural Laundry Detergent Powder | Classic Rock, Unscented | HE, 90 Loads - 45oz Perfect for Cloth Diapers
- NEW PACKAGING, STILL THE BEST LAUNDRY SOAP - Gentle yet powerful, Rockin' Green Classic Rock Laundry Detergent is a safe, strong, plant-based clean rinsing natural detergent for people with soft to moderate water. Great for weekly basics, bedding or as a cloth diaper detergent.
- KID-FRIENDLY - Our natural laundry detergent is ideal for sensitive skin, chemical sensitivities, and allergic temperaments. Baby and kid safe, it also rocks on delicates and as a cloth diaper detergent too.
- CONCENTRATED FORMULA - Rockin' Green Classic Rock Laundry Detergent powder is highly concentrated and kicks butt as a laundry soap HE for efficient machines. Contains no fillers or dyes, so all you need is a few tablespoons per load. One bag is enough for up to 90 loads.
- ROCKIN' NATURAL DETERGENT - Our Classic Rock Laundry Detergent powder is free from phosphates, bleach, dyes, optical brighteners, parabens and SLS / SLES. Vegan, gluten free, biodegradable, and never tested on animals.
- JOIN THE ROCKIN' FAMILY - We can all do our part to make the Earth a better place - we do ours by rockin' the clean so YOU can rock the green!
HEX Performance Laundry Detergent, Fresh & Clean, 32 Load (Pack of 2) - Designed for Activewear, Eco-Friendly
- Contains (2) - 32 Ounce Fresh & Clean Laundry Detergents - 64 loads of good, clean laundry.
- Awesome for all fabrics (not just activewear). Only the HEX Molecule is small and smart enough to penetrate today's ultra tight-knit performance fabrics found in your favorite leggings, sport bras or compression shorts.
- Eliminates odors associated with bacteria using technology, not perfumes, and protects fabrics from losing that new-clothing feeling. Removes gunk other detergents leave behind.
- Biodegradable and eco-friendly. Pours like water due to no goopy chemical thickeners, dyes, fillers, harsh perfumes or optical brighteners. Works in all machines (including HE) and at all water temperatures.
- A light, crisp blend of fruity apple & citrus notes to give clothes an air of freshness.
OUT ProWash Workwear Odor Eliminator Detergent, 22 Fl. Oz.
- For use on all fabrics
- Removes heavy duty odors and stains
- Doesn't sacrifice fabric performance
- Use on uniforms, activewear, towels, and more
- Keep laundry clean and smelling fresh
Sweat X Sport Extreme Laundry Detergent, High Performance Sports Wash for Activewear and All Fabrics, 45 Loads
- SPECIALLY FORMULATED LAUNDRY DETERGENT soap for activewear and athletic workout apparel.
- REMOVES AND ELIMINATES THE STINK including sweat stench, body odor and armpit funk from all fabrics.
- PROTECTS AND RESTORES FABRIC PERFORMANCE including moisture-wicking, compression and breathability.
- TACKLES YOUR TOUGHEST STAINS like mud, blood, grass, baseball clay, wine, pet and baby food stains.
- SAFE FOR ALL FABRICS and all washing machines including HE; Non-toxic, Biodegradable and Skin Safe.
Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean Odor Blasters Laundry Detergent, 122.25 oz
- Odor Blasters eliminates tough odors!
- Powers out dirt and odors using the power of OxiClean Stain Fighters and ARM & HAMMER freshness
- Specially formulated for body odor, sweat and mustytowel odors
- Powered by OxiClean, America’s #1 Stain Fighter Additive Brand (Based on units sold)
- Laundry detergent specially formulated to have long-lasting scent
Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean HE 3-in-1 Laundry Detergent Power Paks, 50 Count
- One 50 count container of ARM & HAMMER plus OxiClean 3-IN-1 Power Paks
- Contains Deep-Cleaning Detergent, OxiClean Stain Fighters and a Fresh Scent Booster
- Removes the toughest laundry stains
- The most convenient way to do laundry – no mess, measuring or spills
- No mess, measuring or spills and works in both standard and high efficiency (HE) washing machines
Seventh Generation Concentrated Laundry Detergent, Geranium Blossom & Vanilla, 40 oz (53 Loads)
- Powerful triple-enzyme formula fights tough stains
- Geranium Blossoms & Vanilla Detergent is gently scented with 100% essential oils and botanical extracts
- Concentrated detergent washes 53 medium loads in a high efficiency (HE) or standard machine
- USDA Certified Biobased Product 96% made with plant-based ingredients
- Shipment contains one 40oz bottle with 53 loads
I Made My Own Laundry Detergent and Saved $945
Before deciding to make my own laundry detergent, I decided to calculate how much money I might be able to save. I was shocked at the results!
I recently decided to try making my own laundry detergent, but not before doing a little bit of math to make sure the task would be worth my time and effort. You see, I am not the homesteading type. I don't seek out extra household chores unless they have a pretty high benefit to cost ratio. I wouldn't say I'm lazy, I'm just selective about where I invest my time. So before I rushed out to buy the ingredients to make my own laundry soap, I took out my pen and paper to do some preliminary calculations.
Choosing a recipe
There are many recipes for homemade laundry detergent online. After a bit of research, I decided to use the liquid detergent recipe posted by the Duggar family. I chose this recipe because I prefer liquid detergents and because it is supposed to be safe for high efficiency, front loader machines. It also looked very simple to make, using just four ingredients: 20 Mule Team borax, Arm amp; Hammer Super Washing Soda, a bar of Fels-Naptha soap, and water.
Running the numbers
I have used original scent Tide detergent for years, partly because I am sensitive to the fragrances in many other brands and partly because I just love the way it cleans. The 100 ounce bottle of HE Tide detergent usually costs me about $15.00 without a coupon. According to the bottle, 100 ounces will wash about 50 large loads, and let's be serious, as a mom of three large loads are almost all I ever run. So, that's a cost of $15 for 50 loads of laundry.
How much is homemade?
The cost of my homemade laundry detergent was a little trickier to calculate. Because the borax and super washing soda are sold in quantities much larger than what I needed to make just one batch, I decided to see how much detergent I could make for the same $15 I would spend on one bottle of Tide.
For $15, I was able to buy one box of borax, one box of super washing soda, and five bars of Fels-Naptha soap. That's enough for five batches of laundry detergent using the Duggar family recipe. But each batch makes 10 whole gallons of detergent! So, for $15, I could make 50 gallons of detergent for my family, or 6,400 ounces.
Comparing the final cost
For $15, I have everything I need to make 50 gallons, or 6,400 ounces of homemade laundry detergent, although I will need to make it 10 gallons at a time, because I don't have any place to store 50 gallons all at once.
The cost of 6,400 ounces of Tide for my HE front loader machine would cost about $960. That's a savings of $945 for my family. And the time it takes to make each batch is less than an hour.
Based on my calculations, it was easy to see that this was one household chore that was easily worth the time and effort. So, I grabbed my five gallon bucket and I went to work. I'm looking forward to comparing the new homemade laundry detergent with Tide after I have washed a few loads. The true value, after all, will be determined by how well it works.